General Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Reform Studios Pty Ltd ACN 621 328 283 referred to herein as 'Reform Studios’ or ‘Reform', ‘the Studio’, 'We', 'Us' or 'Our'.
Reform studios sells products and services based on the terms and conditions set out herein.
Nothing in these terms and conditions, limit any rights you may have under the Trade Practices Act, Fair Trading Act, any other Commonwealth or State Legislation. Any terms or conditions that create an inconsistency with aforesaid legislation are considered void to the extent of the inconsistency.
Prices displayed are on a GST-inclusive basis.
Reform Studios has no legal obligation to issue a "tax invoice" (a legal document defined in the GST Act) unless the customer requests one.
The content of the pages of our website (wwww.reformstudios.com.au) is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on our website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on our website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through our website meet your specific requirements.
Our website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in our website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of our website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time our website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You may not create a link to our website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
Your use of our website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
Any terms and conditions, terms of warranty provided with any product, term of guarantees or any other term provided in an agreement made by Reform Studios with its customers that are inconsistent with Queensland state legislation or Commonwealth legislation shall be deemed void to the extent of the extent of inconsistency. Payment Options:
Transfer of Title and Risk
Reform Studios reserves title in all products sold to purchasers until full payment has been received for those goods, regardless of whether Reform Studios has parted with possession.
Title in goods passes when Reform Studios has a received a full payment;
- If payment is made by direct deposit, received payment means cleared in any of the bank accounts specified in our terms of payment options.
- If payment is made by credit card, it means an 'approved' transaction.
Risk in goods passes at the point they are dispatched for delivery (whether physical or electronic), regardless of whether Reform Studios retains possession during delivery.
If you ever have a complaint, please message us at email@example.com with your complaint and we will do all that is reasonably and practicably possible to assess the merits of the complaint and respond to such complaints within a reasonable time and within a reasonable manner.
General Studio Terms and Conditions
- I agree that by buying services, or using the facilities at Reform Studios Pty Ltd I am bound by these terms and conditions, whether or not the physical document has been signed by me.
- I agree to abide by the rules of conduct, behaviour, dress code, equipment usage and use of services that are displayed within this facility and that have been provided to me.
- Reform Studios may at their discretion terminate any membership agreement or cancel my class credits without notice for any non-compliance of this agreement or any behaviour or action that they deem inappropriate.
- Facilities and services may change without prior notice. Any such changes will not affect the terms of my membership agreement.
- I understand that under no circumstances are members permitted to bring children into the studio outside of nominated child-friendly hours, nor are they permitted to leave children unattended in any area of the studio at any time, and that Reform Studios accepts no responsibility for children either bought into the studio or left in the studio by a parent or guardian.
- I fully understand and accept that if I provide access to the studio for a non member or a member who has lost or damaged their Personal Access Card (PAC), (other than a child who is not exercising and admitted during the designated “child friendly” sessions), that I will have my membership immediately cancelled and I will be charged a $250 penalty which will be automatically debited from my bank account or credit card. I understand that this policy is applicable regardless of whether the person I provide access to exercises or not.
- I fully understand and accept that if I or any person who is associated with me, but not a member of the studio (for example a minor child) intentionally activate a Duress Button or a Personal Duress Lanyard with no reason or for a reason that is deemed not appropriate by Reform Studios that I will be charged a $250 penalty which will be automatically debited from my bank account or credit card.
- I am fully aware and accept that that all Reform Studios sites are equipped with the Video Surveillance technology which is constantly recording for the security of the studio and that the Video Surveillance can be remotely viewed at any time by the studios operator and/or security provider.
- I understand that from time to time I may be photographed or videod at the studio and that these pictures/footage may be published on Reform Studio’s website, Facebook page, on other social media or in promotional materials published by Reform. If you do not wish this to occur, please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Client agrees not to engage in any type of commercial or business activity while using the facilities. The Client shall not act as a trainer for any other Clients or guests and any acts which constitute such business activities are strictly forbidden.
Class Cancellation Policy
11. On class packs or memberships, Clients are able to cancel booked classes within 10 hours of the start of the class time without penalty. Upon doing so, the class credit for that class will be returned. If the cancellation is made less than 10 hours before the start of the class, or is not made at all, the class credit used to book the class will be forfeited.
12. On an unlimited membership (such as during 'challenges', booked classes can be cancelled up to 10 hours before the class start time without penalty. If the cancellation is made with less than 10 hour’s notice, or not at all, a cancellation fee of $10 will be charged.
12b. In regards to online class memberships, no penalty applies to class cancellations.
13. I agree that the membership or class fees are generally not refundable and I agree and understand that non-usage of the studio does not allow early termination of this agreement nor does it warrant a refund of any type. I also agree and understand that non usage of the studio does not affect any payment terms and conditions of this agreement and that Reform Studios is in no way responsible for my level of usage of the studio.
14. All classes sold within class packs have strict expiration dates which are clearly displayed before purchase, and are visible after purchase from within the client’s MindBody account. Generally, these expiration dates are unable to be extended, although this condition may be waived at the discretion of Reform Studios.
15. All classes sold within memberships have strict expiry dates. Members may elect to extend those expiry dates by freezing their memberships. The allowable length of the membership freeze varies with the length of the membership. (i.e. no freezes can be applied to online class memberships). The allowable length of the membership freeze varies with the length of the membership.
Length of Membership
|Total Freeze Allowed During Membership|
|Less than 3
|3 months||1 week||1 week|
|6 months||1 week||2 weeks|
|12 months||1 week||4 weeks|
16. Additional membership freezes are available where the Client is unable to attend the studio due to medical reasons. In this case Reform Studios will further freeze the membership for the length of time requested by the Client’s medical doctor upon receipt of a medical certificate.
17. Memberships will also be frozen for the duration of any special promotions (such as a Six Week Challenge) that the Client signs onto during the course of their membership
18. Requests for membership freezes must be done in writing and can be emailed to: email@example.com. They may take up to 72 hours to take effect.
19. Membership freezes stop automatic payments from occurring, and the time length of any membership freeze will be added onto the expiry of your classes at the end of the membership.
Membership Cancellation Policy
20. Memberships are subject to a 48 hour “cooling off” period. You may cancel your membership within 48 hours without penalty by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
21. We acknowledge that from time to time members may need to cancel their membership agreements with us, once the cooling off period has passed. Membership cancellations require 30 day’s notice in writing and can be made by emailing email@example.com in the following circumstances without penalty:
a) Relocation – upon relocation more than 15km radius from the Studio, upon presentation of proof of new address (driver’s licence or recent utility bill in the name of the Client at the new address).
b) If you die or become physically incapacitated and unable to exercise, you or your estate may cancel this agreement by providing a written request and certifiable proof of death or disability. For permanent disability, your medical doctor must provide certification of the disability and state that you are unable to use the facilities.
22. Other than in the circumstances above you may cancel your membership for any reason with 30 days written notice. In that case a fee will be charged which is $100 (3 month membership); $200 (6 month membership); or $300 (12 month membership), this is to account for the difference in class rate that you received as part of your membership compared to the casual class rate.
22b. In regards to online class memberships, no cancellation fees apply, and memberships can be cancelled at anytime with the current 2 week active membership period.
Membership Renewal Policy
23. I understand that membership rates are reviewed periodically and may increase at the end of the current term. I understand that members will be notified a minimum of 30 days prior to any such membership rate increase by way of signage within the studio or email.
24. Notice of membership renewal will also include notice of any new or altered terms of business
25. Provided that the client is not in default of our terms, and subject to the terms hereof, memberships will automatically renew to term at either the current rate, or the new rate providing sufficient notice of price increase has been given. Notice of the renewal, and any proposed price increase will be provided to the Client in writing by way of email, at least 30 days prior to the contract end date.
26. The Client is able to provide notice of non-renewal at any time until day of the renewal date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Client may elect to discontinue their membership altogether, or to revert to a month-by-month membership, which will be at the monthly membership price. Such pricing will be confirmed in writing prior to a new agreement being entered into.
27. Failure to confirm non-renewal by the renewal date will result in a new and binding contract being entered into. Such contract will be subject to these terms.
Direct Debit Service Agreement
28. I am aware Direct Debit payments are managed and debited on behalf of Reform Studios by a third party billing company, currently EziDebit; and are subject to the service terms and conditions of that company. ezidebit.com.au
29. Reform Studios hereby reserves the right to change the Designated Billing Company at their discretion and without warning. If such a change is made, the full terms and conditions of this agreement will continue to apply and you agree to authorize the new Designated Billing Company to continue debiting your account.
30. The Direct Debit service provider (EziDebit) will debit the bank account/credit card nominated by you and agreed under the membership contract purchase.
31. Should the original terms & conditions of this authority need to be varied a minimum of fourteen days’ notice will be provided by the business to you. Queries arising as a result of any such variation must be notified to Ezidebit two working days prior to the debit date the variation would apply.
32. Deferment or alteration (written or verbal) by the customer to the debiting schedule will be considered subject to the terms and conditions of any agreement between you and Reform Studios whom Ezidebit acts on behalf of.
33. If a debit item is disputed Ezidebit or your Financial Institution must be notified immediately. Ezidebit will endeavour to resolve this matter within Industry agreed time frames. Disputed debit items resolved in favour of Ezidebit will incur an administration fee which will be on-charged to you.
34. When a debit day falls on a weekend and/or a public holiday all debits for that weekend or public holiday will be processed on the PREVIOUS WORKING DAY. If unsure, you should contact Ezidebit.
35. Ezidebit, under certain provisions of the “Privacy Act 1988" may give information about you to a credit reporting agency. This information will be limited to repayments which are overdue pursuant to the terms and conditions of any contractual agreement between you and us and for which debt collection has started.
36. Where you have signed up for a membership it is your responsibility to ensure cleared funds are available in your nominated bank account/credit card to meet the direct debit payment.
37. Should you default on any payment obligation as called for in this agreement, Reform Studios reserves the right to declare the entire remaining membership balance due and payable and you agree to pay allowable interest, and all costs of collection, including but not limited to collection agency fees, court costs, and legal fees. A default occurs when any payment due is more than ten days late.
38. We reserve the right to charge a service fee of $2.50 for any Bank Transfer, EFT, Credit Card or other payment rejected, declined, unsuccessful or returned for insufficient funds or any other reason.
39. Should payments become more than 10 days past due we reserve the right to charge a late fee of $15.00.
40. If the Client is paying dues by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Credit Card payment, EziDebit reserves the right to collect all amounts owed by the Client including any and all late fees and service fees, subject to appropriate State and Federal Law.
41. No account records or account details will be disclosed to any person or persons except where such information is required in connection with any claim relating to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit.
42. I understand the risk of injury from reformer Pilates and other foreseeable activities that may occur during my time in the studio including using other gym equipment. I acknowledge that the risks of these activities may be significant including the potential for injury or death. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both unknown and known.
43. I acknowledge that I may engage in both privately supervised, group supervised or unsupervised activity and I assume all risks of using equipment, movement or exercise routines or props with or without staff present. In addition, I acknowledge that the business may include outdoor activities and home based activities (via either the live streamed or recorded classes), which may present risks such as slippery surfaces, uneven surfaces, loose rocks/gravel, unseen landscaping issues, or risk associated with exercising in your home. In addition, I acknowledge that the business may include outdoor activities and home based activities (via either the live streamed or recorded classes), which may present risks such as slippery surfaces, uneven surfaces, loose rocks/gravel, unseen landscaping issues, or risk associated with exercising in your home.
44. I hereby release, indemnify and hold harmless Reform Studios Pty Ltd, it’s employees and any additional affiliates including subcontractors and the owners of this business; and any other business that may be associated with this company, with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, loss or damage to person or property that may arise out of connection with this business or any use of its’ products, services or classes.
45. I expressly agree that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by applicable law and if a portion of this release is held invalid the balance shall remain in full force and effect. This release shall apply to my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and any other next of kin. I understand that this business is relying on this release in agreeing to enter into this agreement.
46. I have read the above release of liability information and liability and fully understand its terms and that I have given up substantial rights by signing/agreeing to this document, and I agree to it freely and voluntarily without inducement.
47. Before undertaking you first session with Reform Studios you agree to fill out a health questionnaire. All information provided on this questionnaire must be comprehensive and truthful. Should your circumstances change, you agree to contact your Reform immediately to provide updated information.
48. I agree to provide accurate and truthful information about any physical condition or limitation I may to Reform Studios. This includes changes in my conditions or limitations for better or for worse; and where generally indicated or specifically recommended by my instructor I will follow up with a doctor, physiotherapist or other professional to ensure that I am safely able to undertake activities at Reform Studio.
I certify that I have read, understood and agree to abide by the above terms and conditions of my membership at Reform Studios Pty Ltd.